Monday, November 1, 2021

What I did on Sunday...

 

I got the binding added to the Pink Panther quilt. Now I can pin it to the front and hand sew it down. Good thing, because the quilting on the quilt for P is done and I'll be picking it up later this week. I want to finish the Pink Panther before that happens.

My Mom and her beau came over for dinner on Sunday. After dinner I showed her the quilts I was working on. She loves all my quilts, but she was particularly taken with Allegretto (the yellow and green one on the left). "Oooo! Can I have it?" Um, no. "Are you sure?" Yup, no, this one is staying with me. 

My Mom got creative, "But Lynne, how many quilts do you need? You already have so many." She said this with a broad grin. She knew perfectly well I have used that line on her before,  because she loves ALL my quilts, and basically wants each and every one of them.

"Can I BORROW it" she asked again? 

No.

"Can I RENT it? I'll give you money for it," she laughed.

Um, no.

Across the room, her beau, M, was laughing. This isn't the first time my Mom has tried to convince me by hook or by crook, to give her a quilt. He was enjoying the exchange.

Now before you get all judgy and tell me what I should or should not do, that my mother is old enough to get whatever she wants because after all, she's 88 and I'm not going to have her forever... remember that this is a game between my Mom and I. We both know that whenever she sees a new quilt of mine, she's going to ask for it. And we both know I'm going to say no. 

"You know Lynne, it would go so well with my Yellow Ribbons quilt and M's Jealousy quilt."

I rolled my eyes.

My Mom laughed.

 Yeah, we had a great visit.


8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your mom is great - you two are quite a pair. Glad Mike enjoys right along with you.

JustGail said...

It sounds like your mom enjoys the challenge/game to get yet another quilt out of you, perhaps even more than the quilts themselves? So, when you DO give her a quilt, do you play the game, then surprise her with it later? Or does she win the game?

Susie Q said...

Bet she is going to get it for Christmas....

Millie said...

Susie Q, nope. Ain’t gonna happen.

Gail, when she saw The Golden Zebras quilt she asked for it. I said I was keeping it but I would make her one. I made Yellow Ribbons for her. She waited patiently and loves it.

Dorothy said...

I have a friend that does the same thing with me. I think she would want every quilt I have ever made :-)

QuiltGranma said...

When Mom in law wanted my first quilt I relented. She gave it to one of her grandchildren and is now on the guest bed.

LynneP said...

Gorgeous quilts!

Ann said...

Perhaps she will come more often to visit this charming quilt. ;-)