Saturday, October 30, 2021

The Obstacle

 An obstacle is something that keeps you from doing something else. I am sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual lately, but something (or someone) has been making it a bit hard on me. To wit:

These pictures have been taken over the last week to 10 days.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see what they have in common.


 Each picture was taken on a different day.

Millie has been quite DEMANDING.

 

She's been very INSISTENT.

The only thing I can "do" while Millie uses me as her own personal pillow is to read or watch TV. I can't hand sew binding on a quilt, and I can't work on my laptop. Giving her scritches while I try to work on my laptop only results in her sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, giving me the STINKEYE and MEOWING. It does not matter if I am petting her. She MEOWS to get me to LOOK AT HER and does not stop until I lie down. Then she climbs right on, makes herself comfy, and purrs. And stays there for a couple of hours.

Yeah, I know, really tough work...

Look, I can't really complain. I've only been waiting fifteen years for this. And I have been tired lately. I got my Covid booster shot the other night too. I haven't yet sewn the binding on the Pink Panther quilt, and I really want to get that down this weekend. I'm having lunch with P later on Saturday, and her quilt is ready to  be picked up. I'll get that next week. And my dad has planned a lunch with the lady priest to give her the quilt, except he wants me to be there and it's smack dab in the middle of the day on the busiest day of my work week.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Wow wow wow. I wonder what has happened to her thinking - after 15 years!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

Good job Miss Millie getting your human to rest. I have a hard time too if mum is using the laptop on her lap. Then I sit on her boobities! Then she can't see the screen. Then she has to give me love and snuggles.

JustGail said...

I can think of far worse reasons for getting nothing done. Like if you were knocked down in bed sick or hurt, your sewing machine is on the fritz, or the "don't want to do anything" mental funk that's hit me. So cool that Millie has decided to make up for lost snuggles time.

Quiltdivajulie said...

GO MILLIE GO -- hooray that she has decided you are her favorite resting spot!

O'Quilts said...

Sending Millie love from North Carolina...Stitch and Boo say...Way to go Millie xoxo

Susie Q said...

you should be there..... stop whining and enjoy the complements when they come and they will..... ignore the cat.

Dorothy said...

Happy that you and Millie are one :-) Glad you got your booster shot I have mine too. Enjoy the chest purrs from Millie

Quilting Mimi said...

I love your yellow and grey quilt

QuiltGranma said...

Yes, beautiful quilt! Lovely kitty... have you had kitty checked to see if anything is wrong? Maybe kitty is comforting YOU because of you shot? Knows you have something foreign going on in you?