Sunday, July 18, 2021

Saturday

 Early Saturday morning I got a notice that my pink pillows from Spoonflower would be delivered. They are everything I wanted them to be! 

It was supposed to rain on Sunday, so I decided to drive to Peterborough NH on Saturday. I specifically wanted to visit the Monadnock Oil & Vinegar Company. I wanted more of their Lemon Infused Olive Oil. I also wanted more of their Cara Cara Orange & Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar. Of course I didn't stop there. 

I saw this recipe card and decided I had to try it. I already have the Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar, so I brought home a bottle of Blood Orange Olive Oil too.

Just down the hall from MOV is Ana Marie Chocolates, and I love their milk chocolate covered Oreo cookies. It's the only way I will eat Oreo cookies. Since I have lost 30 + pounds, I need to be careful with sweets, so I only brought home four of these beauties. I shall savor them.

When I got home, it was sunny, so I decided to take beauty shots of the Yellow Ribbons quilt. Here it is on an old stone wall.


I also like this picture of the quilt tossed over a rail fence with the field in the background.

You know I keep telling you to listen to your instincts? Here the quilt is draped over a gate to the neighborhood community garden. The gate is made or rough wood and chicken wire. Something about it called to me, and I tossed the quilt over the top and got this picture. I think these three are the best.


The Yellow Ribbons Quilt is a Zebra Quilt. It's easier to make than you think, and goes together pretty quick. You can get my tutorial here, if you'd like to make one yourself.








5 comments:

Nancy J said...

The gate, perfect setting and those goodies, love them all.

Dorothy said...

Fabulous pillows. Hard to decide which photo is best for Yellow Ribbons. But I love the quilt so much, any photo of it is perfect for me Enjoy your new oils & recipe

Susan R said...

I have followed you for years and your posts always make me happy, but this one make me laugh out loud! Life is Good!

Susan from So. Cal

Judy in Michigan said...

Why didn't you make your own pillows? These sure are beautiful with your gray sofa. Love the yellow ribbon quilt!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt just glows outside. Wonderful photos. Glad you had some fun errands.