Friday, November 5, 2021

Pinning Pink Panther & Millie


 I've been pinning the binding over the front of the Pink Panther quilt. It takes time, but I like having it done before I sew the binding down.

Quite frankly I've been worried about my cat, Millie. She no longer jumps on the table when I have breakfast in the morning. and she spends most of her time curled up in a tight ball napping in the living room. She's been VERY DEMANDING when she wants me to lie on the couch so she can climb on top of me and nap. So that's what has been occupying my time lately. Me, lying down with Millie on top of me, purring, while I either watch TV or read. Oh gee, so tough.

She's fifteen years old. I can't tell, but I think she's a bit thinner. We have an appointment set up with the vet in a few weeks, so I will know more then. She still has lustrous fur, her eyes are bright, and she seems to move around the house freely, but she's definitely slowing down. She's had a great run, and I am aware that every day I have with her is a gift, so I try to give her the attention she wants. That means I don't post as much, but Millie is more important.

11 comments:

donna from canada said...

Positive thoughts for Millie. Just lost my 18 year old quilting companion.

Dorothy said...

Like Millie, we all slow down as we age. Enjoy every second with her. She's having (had) a fabulous life with you. Those "naps" and purrs are precious

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sending hugs for you and gentle scritches for Millie. You are a most excellent cat mom to listen/respond to her needs

Just Ducky said...

Sending purrs to Miss Millie. Yeah, we all are getting older.

JustGail said...

How bittersweet - sweet that she wants cuddles after 15 years of not, bitter that health issues and age might be why. It doesn't mean she doesn't have at least a couple years left though. It may mean special diet and medicines though. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Keeping you and Millie in my thoughts. Hard to believe I've been following yours and Millie's blogs for 15 years, voting on her name and sending green papers. Millie certainly won the lottery when she got you for a mom...one who understood her feral nature and gives her the space, crunchies, scritches and love any kit could ask for.

stitchinpenny said...

When you wrote about her needing to be on top of you after years of not wanting that, I teared up thi king of my cat that I lost last year. She had always cuddled with me but suddenly wanted my husband's attention also. We had a nice period but the vet warned us to enjoy our time with her as it may be limited. Enjoy her.

Ioleen said...

Enjoy every minute with Millie.

sandi s said...

I agree, she is more important!! Our fur babies are our family too. I hope she’s okay. Hugs,

Mystic Quilter said...

Thinking of you both - our furry four legged friends are family!

QuiltGranma said...

Love and hugs for Miss Millie!