Saturday, November 6, 2021

Dragonfly Serenade

 

It didn't take Janet-Lee and I more than five minutes to choose a quilting pattern for P's quilt, which I have now named Dragonfly Serenade. Can you see the quilted dragonflies? Yeah.

Here is a detail.

And another.

Here I am laying out the  binding to see how to get it to join. I bought an ombre fabric and joined the strips dark to dark and light to light so the value goes from dark to light to dark all the way around. I had to finagle where it would join so it wouldn't be a big jump, so I put the quilt on the floor and played around.

Then I attached the binding to the quilt.

Here is the quilt with the binding pinned to the front. Now all I have to do is hand sew it down, which I will do practically nonstop over the next couple of days.

10 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt!I love the pretty binding, and the lovely quilting designs! Feel free to join in with my link party today ;)

Dorothy said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Wonderful quilting pattern too. Really sets everything off

stitchinpenny said...

Perfect with such attention to detail.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely splendid in every way!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful quilting design and quite appropriate for the beautiful quilt. Congratulations on another finish.

Alison said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm sure it will be treasured for many years to come.

Nancy J said...

The dragonfly quilting is perfect, and the binding a lovely finish .,

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks mighty fine. The texture looks wonderful.

QuiltGranma said...

Love the quilting design, and your choice of binding. Really makes the quilt even more beautiful.

LynneP said...

What a lovely quilt and wonderful gift!