Saturday, August 20, 2022

Almost...

 

I have sewn the last quarter of the quilts together, and then sewed the bottom two quarters together so now all I need is to sew the two halves together and the flimsy will be complete.

Almost.

I think I want this quilt to have a dark border, and I like it, but it will need a smaller light border first so the triangles on the edge of the quilt at the top and bottom don't look like they are stuck to that border.

The borders won't be as you see them now. As usual, I will cut the dark fabrics into strips about 20" or so long, and arrange them randomly. I'll do the same for the lighter border in between.

I already have the backing fabric for this, so I will leave it for quilting with Janet-Lee Santeusanio when I visit her at the end of this month.


I'm re-reading The Emerald Mile. I'm finding it every bit as thrilling the second time around as it was the first.


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It will be great to have such a fantastic finish!

Sue said...

That looks Fabulous!!!

Just Ducky said...

Mum is putting the book on her long list of things to read.