Monday, August 22, 2022

Finito!

 

I added a narrow border around the edges of the quilt. I used eight of the light fabrics that were already in the quilt. I arranged them quiet, busy, quiet, busy... I added strips 1-1/2" wide and I joined them at a 45 degree angle.

I needed eight and a half WOF strips of the dark fabrics for the border. This was a bit harder because the black fabrics were all scraps from my stash and I didn't have yardage of most of them. If you look at these strips, one of them doesn't fit - the one with the glasses and olives with the straight white lines - so I didn't use it. The same rule applied here - the dark fabrics had to be used in the quilt. 

 


I cut these strips 2-1/2" wide by about about 18-20: long, sewed them into one strip by joining the strips at a 45 degree angle, and then sewed them to the quilt.

So here it is - all finished. The quilt measures about 65" x 78" or so. I left this picture enormous so you can click it and then click it again, so you can really see the fabrics working together here.



This is a scrap slab triangle quilt. If you want to make one you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. 




PS, the quilt needs a name. Suggestions welcome.

 

7 comments:

Joye with an e said...

Lovely! The prints and colors remind me of comic books or comic strips so maybe something along those lines--Sunday Comics?
Great job!

stitchinpenny said...

Independent ideas.

Quiltdivajulie said...

In the title of your August 3 post, you used the word Tribal … (had to go back to find the reference because that one word “stuck” when I first read it). Maybe that’s a jumping off point for the finished quilt’s name?

Sue said...

I LOVE the Tribal suggestion above... This quilt looks very Tribal to me... It's Wonderful as all of your work is!!!

MissPat said...

Another great quilt! I love everything about it. I'm a failure at naming quilts, so no suggestions here.

El-Fee said...

Hello Lynne,
I hope I may say, your quilt looks absolutely stunning! I can't stopp looking at the thousand different fabrics and how you tamed them and put them together to form this unique new pattern! Wow!
But: are you sure about sewing both borders with a 45 degree angel? For me, it looks like a 90 degree angel. Sorry to korrekt you (smily with a red face).

And I'm really looking forwart to see the 2. students Quilt (and hope to find my Zaunkönig/wren).

Birgit from Germany

El-Fee said...

Me again, Birgit from Germany.
Sorry for my last comment! I understood, you joined the strips at the four corners at a 45 degree angel, but now I see, you referred to the whole length of the border, not the corners. So you are right and there is nothing for me to correct (red face smilie again).

Birgit