Sunday, January 23, 2022

Ripples

 

About a month ago I showed you this.

I continued playing with my leftover blocks and got this. I like it a lot. I should be working on the student bird quilt, but this is on the design wall, and lately the step stool and I haven't been on good terms, so I am going to finish this first.

I've decided to use creams as side triangles on this quilt, and I have been cutting them from the leftover pieces from the Allegretto quilt.

I cut out a bunch of side triangles and threw them up on the wall. Like I've said before, once I get the pieces on the design wall is just a starting point. As an example, the arrangement above is light on the top and dark on the bottom. That will change too.


This is a scrap slab quilt. If you want to make one you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.


7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like your choice of multi-creams for the side triangles. Happy to see you working/playing with fabric again.

Chookyblue...... said...

Looking the look of this one........

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors and neutrals are just wonderful.

Just Ducky said...

Be careful on the ladder. Miss Millie can't dial 911 if you get hurt.

JustGail said...

I have a 2 step version of that same stool. I've been pondering adding something like a broom handle to it to steady myself while using it. I thought about getting a taller one, but don't think it would fit between the bed and wall. Besides, it would be that much farther to fall :-O

I'm glad to see you feeling well enough to be back at the wall.

Shepherdess55 said...

So happy you're back in the swing of things again. You've been in my thoughts often the past couple weeks. Always enjoy watching the metamorphosis of your quilt designs.

Kathy said...

I love the layout of this one. So much energy. It might even inspire me to get going on some scrap slab fabric!!