Thursday, January 20, 2022

On The Mend

 

 

I'm officially on the mend. I've tested Negative for Covid and have resumed working back at the office part time. That means I work at home part of the time, so I can continue to get my strength back. The one common denominator of this damned disease is the fatigue. I work four hours, and I need to rest on the couch. Millie makes sure I stay put.

I haven't done anything but sack out on the couch, work a bit, eat, do the dishes, and laundry, and sleep. I was extremely fortunate. My symptoms were manageable and I didn't need to go to the hospital or see a doctor. But while many of the symptoms are the same, their magnitude is not. This thing is no joke. 

I haven't been in the studio, and I haven't even read anything more substantial than the news on my phone. And I've been in bed by 9 PM each night.

(Yes of course I followed "l'affaire Djokovic.")


While news about ME is nothing special, news about my family is. My 89 year old dad had surgery on Wednesday to remove a tumor from his colon. That was successful, and now he is recovering. All I know is he did not need a colostomy. No news on whether the tumor is cancerous yet.

My sister slipped and fell on the ice Tuesday night. She broke her leg, and badly. (It was her femur, and needed a metal rod inserted to fix the break.) Why was she out? Because her washing machine had broken and she was bringing her laundry the neighbor's.

Be careful out there, everybody.

19 comments:

owlfan said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Your experience reminds that me that “mild” doesn’t mean don’t worry about it when it comes to Covid. Your family has had a rough time recently. Hope you all feel better soon!

Megan said...

So glad to hear that you're 'through it' and out the other side, Lynne.

And, good job Millie - keep up the good work!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Poppy Q said...

I guess it does come in threes. I hope everyone is on the mend soon and taking it easy.

Rebecca said...

So glad to see your post.
Good Job to Millie on making sure you stay down and are taking care of yourself.
Hope the run of "3" is done with you and your family.
Take care

Just Ducky said...

Millie if you need reinforcements to keep your human resting, let me know. Continuing purrs to you and your family for healing.

Cherie in St Louis said...

So glad to get an update that you are on the improvement side of Covid. I'll keep your father in my thoughts....no colostomy is good but I'm sure you are on pins and needles to hear about the tumor itself. I certainly hope your sister's fall, the third thing, is the end of it for your family. Scritches to Millie for doing a splendid job of keeping you put.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just fondle fabric and pet Millie and get stronger.

JustGail said...

I'm glad you're on the mend, slow as it may be. Millie has the right orders - lots of rest with her. Even so, it must be frustrating to have no energy to go play with fabric. Best wishes to your dad & sister for quick recoveries, and a benign test result for your dad.

Nancy J said...

Your Dad, your sister and you, no wonder you followed with probably huge interest the Australian Open Novak drama. It seems it hasn't ended for him, with France, the UK and USA maybe banning any unvaccinated players, and his sponsorships in doubt too. All for 2 easy injections, the financial loss he might have is massive.Millie, keep your eyes open and make sure your Mum is doing all the right things to recover as best she can. You will be the best comfort anyone could have right now.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Keep taking good care of yourself - the urge will be to over do so DON'T. Listen to your cat and rest. Best wishes for your dad and sister, too.

Robby said...

Good to read you're recovering. Sending wishes for healing and restoration for you and all your family. What a bad run of luck.

Janet said...

I am sorry you are so fatigued. Covid is awful! Your family experiences are sure to be weighing you down as you work towards recovery. Lynne, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a full and quick recovery and for the mending of your family members.

earthmotherwithin said...

So glad to hear from you. I trust you, and your family members, will continue to recover. Best wishes from a boiling hot Perth in Western Australia currently 41C.

MAKingsley said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog so much. Love the quilts and kitties. Sincerely hope you and all the family improve quickly!

sandi s said...

I’m glad your doing better. I’m sorry about your sister and happy for YouTube dad. I’m hope it’s not cancer. My sister fell last week and broke her foot. I’m glad you have a sweet companion to keep you company. Hugs,

Cindy said...

Hope you are feeling better & better!!!!! Naps are good for you!

Chookyblue...... said...

pleased to hear your improving and I hope even more quickly........sorry to hear about your family......

Mary Ellen said...

Listen to your body. If it wants sleep and rest, provide it. It will only take longer to get better otherwise. I am dealing with sciatica and seem to sleep alot. My therapists say this is normal. The body need rest to heal. I hope your sister and father have good outcomes.

Quiltnhen said...

Sorry for all the curve balls life it throwing. I hope all of you mend well and can enjoy the new year!