Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ripples and Waves

 

I'm playing with these colored triangular scrap slabs. In the photo above I have added creamish side triangles throughout. I just threw stuff on the wall. Nothing about the arrangement above is final. I started moving the colors around so I wouldn't have horizontal rows of colored diamonds.


I like the way the green diamonds in the upper left look. I like the pattern they make, but the value might be too dark. (Maybe they should be a limey green, for example.) It also needs more reds and maybe pinks and purples...

I've made some red triangles and added them. Putting them in made me shift everything else around. I like the arrangement a bit better, but it still needs work.

I thought there was too much red on one side, so I removed one diamond on the right, and a couple triangles on the left side that I didn't feel worked as well.

I like the idea of the colors this way better than the original, but I can see that I need to make a few more blocks and I'm going to have to move everything around to make it work.


What else is new?


This is a Scrap Slab Triangle quilt. You can get the tutorial here at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.


PS, my Dad and sister are both doing well!


6 comments:

Buffy said...

I just love the feeling of movement in this quilt with the color migration across and vertically! Also, so glad to hear your Dad and sister are both doing so much better. Buffy

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love all the colors you have in this. It is a quilt that makes me smile.

Unknown said...

I love the green and purple blocks the do not line up correctly on the bottom two rows gives a lot more movement.so glad to hear that your dad and sister are getting better

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like the way the creams support the colorful triangles. Have fun arranging and re-arranging until you are happy with the results.

Janet said...

Beautiful! I love color; your placements are always dreamy.

Cherie Moore said...

Thanks for the update on your father and sister…..I’ve been keeping them in my thoughts. Hope you are continuing to improve as well……being in your quilting studio is a good sign :)