Saturday, November 20, 2021

Lined Gift Bags

 


 I'm making the lined fabric bags for Christmas gifts this year. This one is for my dinosaur-loving granddaughter. She loves the scaled fabric ("Green like T-Rex" she said about it.)

The contrast fabric is also dinosaur themed and the lining is the black and white animal fabrics. I used the green scaled fabric on the back of her dinosaur quilt and had JUST enough of it to make the bag.

These are the fabrics I have chosen for a bag for my daughter-in-law, who is a stylish gal who loves vintage clothing. 

I think it's weird that I call my 88-year old mother's 83-year old "beau" her boyfriend, but he is a retired engineer. These are the fabrics I chose for his bag.

My mother loves bright colors. This is fabric for her gift. The lining fabric is on the right. 

There is another bag I am making, but it's a secret so I can't show it just yet.

Every morning I get up and set out Millie's food, then go take my shower. The other morning I was about to step into the shower when I realized I hadn't seen Millie eat. Since she's getting on in years and my greatest fear is that one day I'm going to come home from work and find her dead, I went through the house room by room looking for her. I looked behind the couch, under the bed and behind the ironing table. I couldn't find her anywhere. I went through the house a second time, and then a third. On the third pass I found her, napping in a pile of fabric on the floor in the studio.




7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those cats find the best places to snuggle up. Down here, I,too, am making bags for Christmas gifts, but so far they are all secret ones, for family, friends, and for a friend's grandies. She visited today, with one grandi, so I had to hastily cover them!!! Love the fabrics, but your Mum's, my pick of today ,totally gorgeous.

Cherie Moore said...

My cat, Casper, is 20 years and one month and the same thing has happened several times…….has added new gray hairs each time! One time he just appeared, like the ghost he’s named after, and I still have no idea where he was! Gets your heart racing, that’s for sure. Love your bag fabrics, especially the lining for your mom’s ��

Peggy said...

Love the bag fabric combos!

Just Ducky said...

Good job Millie, hide in plain sight!

Ruth said...

Had to look close, to see Millie among all that gorgeous fabric. Thank you for the extra pic of your work-in-progress.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome fabric combinations - they'll become TERRIFIC gift bags. (way to go, Millie - you faked your mom out big time)

QuiltGranma said...

Lucky people to get one of these bags from you!