Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Following the New Lead

The other night I stopped here. Three big lozenge shapes, with the lightest one in the middle, surrounded by darker blocks/fabrics. The two on either side couldn't be as dark as the one in the middle.

Here I wanted to figure out if I wanted the other two centers to be light or dark-ish. The answer was "light." That meant I needed to sew more strips, because I like to distribute fabrics around the quilt, and not have too much of one color in one place.

After a bit of work I decided to keep the fabrics on the top and bottom dark-ish. If you look closely you can see the "edge" blocks relate top and bottom.

After that it was a question of figuring out what to put in the two center diamonds.

Here I have made the center blocks, but I am not quite sure...

 One more swap and I am pretty sure this IS it. I think it needs a smallish border to tie it together.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

The more I "watch" you work on this style of quilt the more I appreciate this type of quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

It just gets better and better.

Nancy said...

Fascinating watching you work. I always forget to take pictures along the way. One thing that stands out in the final photo, but maybe not in real life, is the greens in the right center diamond "match" the framing greens. Unlike all the other diamonds this one gets blended in.
I love your work.