Sunday, November 3, 2019

Not Smooth Sailing

First, I had the idea of a green quilt, then I had the idea of adding some blue to it. Then I decided what kind of layout I wanted.  Even though I knew all those things, I didn't know exactly what I wanted. Fortunately that doesn't bother me. 

But I just wasn't feeling the mojo with this.

 I took this photo, then turned off all the lights, and headed into the kitchen to make dinner, but then I looked at the photo on my phone.

I saw this and I thought... hey, that looks interesting.


So I moved some stuff around, and then left to make dinner. I would have to cut more triangles to get it to look the way I wanted it.

After dinner I went back into the studio and worked a few more hours. By the time I went to bed I had this. I am liking this very much. It isn't at all what I originally had in mind, but I like it.

6 comments:

starsthatblaze said...

I see hints of your colorwash class with Wanda.

stitchinpenny said...

You had a concept. Every quilt you start you have a concept, but most of them mature like fine wine. When this vintage is ready you will know!

stitchinpenny said...

You had a concept. Every quilt you start you have a concept, but most of them mature like fine wine. When this vintage is ready you will know!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree with starsthatblaze’s comment.

Ann said...

It's great how each quilt builds on things we've learned before. Green is so beautiful and we are all lucky to have digital pictures now. Quick and easy way to look at our work.

Judy in Michigan said...

In the first picture, my eyes went all over the place but in the last one I can focus and enjoy each part.