Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Back Back Back!

Yesterday I worked on backings for some quilts.

The exceptionally feminine pink barn deserved an equally feminine backing so I picked this big print from the Kaffe Collective. It's a girly barn, and as my son says, "If you're going over the top - keep going!"

The Jealousy quilt got a greenish blue border.

 I had already selected this as the backing, and I thought the red violet would make a perfect binding,

It looked OK, but it just didn't sing the way I wanted it to.

 The orange, on the other hand, really stood out.

Here are closeups of the border and binding.

Last but certainly not least is this Philip Jacobs fabric I chose for the backing of my Colorwash quilt.

I bought every last inch of the fabric on the bolt. It was barely 2-1/4 yards, and it involved some really fussy cutting and sewing to get it right. Binding for this will be selected later.

This Tula Pink just hopped right into my shopping bag and DEMANDED to be included in my DGD's Dino Diamonds quilt. That gorgeous owl is SO going to be fussy cut and showed off in its own big diamond!!! The final shipment of dinosaur fabrics is due today, so after those go through the washer and dryer it will be All Dinos All The Time.

Stay tuned!



5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those owls, what a shame they are not printed by themselves. Super fabrics for each project. Kaffee never fails.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You've chosen lots of beautiful backings for your quilts. They will really help enhance the quilts.

O'Quilts said...

I agree with Shasta...beautiful choices and beautiful quilt

Ann said...

Such beautiful backings. The orange is a much better binding for Jealousy than the violet. Funny how that works, isn't it? I have a bit of the owls in another colorway and wish I had more.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yup - the orange is much better than the red violet. I love those big flowering backings (and I'm guessing at least one of them is a Phillip Jacobs).