Thursday, November 7, 2019

Dino Diamonds

The dinosaur fabrics have arrived. I cut big diamonds from these, from Spoonflower.

Dinosaurs and Roses!

I cut medium diamonds out of these fabrics.

My DIL and I had decided that I would use other fabrics in the large diamonds, so this wouldn't be an overly Dino design, and would have some longevity. I cut diamonds and threw them up on the design wall until I had filled every space. I used the leftover four patch diamonds to see what it would look like.

 So here is the first pass. It needs a lot of work, and I already know what it is, so save your breath. I never quite know what I want until I see it on the design wall, and now I am pretty sure I know exactly what I want this to look like.

Remember, this is for a three year old who loves dinosaurs, animals and flowers.




8 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the bunny. (and the deer, butterflies and parrots, too)

NeverBored said...

Thank you for sharing your design process with us. I've learned so much from you seeing how you tweak your quilts. One of the most important lessons I've learned is JUST START !

Rebecca said...

I know its a dino quilt ... but the first things I saw was owl, fox , fawn.
Was that because of the colors or scale or placement?
Your fun to watch!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving that pinkish print with the fox and owl and friends - it's gorgeous and such a nice balance to the dinosaurs. No doubt in my mind that Little Miss will LOVE her big girl bed quilt.

Mari said...

Those leftover diamonds fit right in. I think this would carry into her teens already!

Ann said...

A fun combination of prints. I think the three-year-old will enjoy this for years.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Who knew there were so many dino fabrics out there!!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh I love what your use of large, medium and small diamond 4 patches does to the different fabrics. I have only been following you for a few weeks and I can already say I am blown away by your creativity and the speed with which your work.
Amazing.
I know I will LOVE watching you play with placement on this diamond quilt. Thank you for sharing with us.