Saturday, September 7, 2019

Adapt & Improvise...

When I am making a barn out of my head, like this one, I don't draw it out first and I don't plan it. I just "wing it." I had not planned to add this LARKSPUR element to the upper part of the barn, but when I arranged the windows underneath the butterfly panel, there was a lot of space between them.

So I looked through my stash for something that would fit that space in an interesting way. I've had this fabric for several years and the colored words were just the right size...

As I laid out the pieces, I thought it might be more fun to make the stripes go sideways instead of vertically. (Besides, I had a couple of fabric scraps I could use...)

So here is the (untrimmed) roof section.

I might add a thin strip of this stripe above as an accent. I haven't decided yet.

4 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Loving this already!

Bambi Pearson said...

I love your creativity. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Whenever I try to "wing it" I end up on a very unstable branch. Good for you in such a fantastic result!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!