Sunday, September 8, 2019

Thinking Pink

This is a garage I pass on my way to the grocery store. I like the reddish trim. This reminds me that less can be very much more.


So I decided to add a contrasting trim to the top half of my pink barn, but that leaves me a conundrum. Now that I've added so much blue, the options for the bottom half of the barn have (of course) changed.

Before I added anything blue, I had chosen this fabric which has woven elements, but now I am not sure.

So I decided to audition some other fabrics. This one is too much the same value as the pink stripe for my taste.

This stripe seems a bit busy. There's already a lot going on in this barn.

I wanted to try it with a blue door. It's too many stripes, but I wanted to see if a blue door would work.

I like this grunge pink, but I don't have enough of it. I have to decide if I want to wait while I order more.

I really like this geometric print. Pretty sure I'll use a white door, but I will definitely use a few bits of blue to tie the bottom part of the barn to the top part.

And one last thing, the blue along the top of the barn will be significantly narrower than it is right now, so it won't be QUITE as dominant as it appears right now.




8 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

Love the blue trim! And, I like your first choice of the woven red. I also Like the stripe with the blue door. The Grunge is nice too. Whatever you choose it will be a very cute barn.

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is so much fun watching your progress.

Dorothy said...

I love watching you work. If we pay attention you have much to teach us

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Very cute pink barn in the making. I miss driving by interesting barns and old buildings in NH!

Poppy Q said...

I like the stripey options.

The Selvage Fairy said...

I love the stripey one. But I think part of you is still in CA. That looks like a CA barn to me.

Fabric Fanatic said...

I like the horizontal stripe one. The reds and pinks in it agree more with that fabric than any others, and the last fabric, while interesting is not in the same family. Be bold young heart!

Ann said...

I’m wondering about trimming the white door in blue, too. You have such a good eye I hesitate to mention anything because what you choose will leave us all silent in admiration. Have fun.