Friday, September 6, 2019

A Pink Barn Starts



I hate leaving for a vacation trip with a project half started, so I deliberately didn't do much sewing before I left for California. Once home, I knew I needed to get into the studio to do something, even if it wasn't a "big" or "important" thing. 


I'd been toying with making a pink barn, so when I finally decided to get up off the couch (at about 4 PM yesterday afternoon), I headed into the studio to make some windows. When making a free-pieced barn or any other kind of building, it's best to start with the smallest details first.

 Hmm, maybe not this pink stripe. It's too orange-y in real life, and I want PINK!

I'm going to use this butterfly as a decorative element in the peak of the pink barn.





3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ohhhh.
This one is going to be fun to watch.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks like this will be a lot of fun. Great windows.

Fabric Fanatic said...

How did you get home so quick, fly? Welcome home! Love the matching dresses you and your DIL have on in the last California blog post.