Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Beauty Shots

 

I finally got outside to take some long overdue beauty shots of a couple of quilts. This is Nonchalant. Everyone who sees it loves it, and I agree. There's a lot to like. It's something anyone can make. It's just bright prints on a white background alternating with White on White blocks. This one has spectacular quilting also.

This is Blitzen, a Christmas themed Macnas quilt that LOOKS simple, but really isn't. The colors repeat in a very specific pattern, each print is kept right side up throughout the quilt (no upside down trees) and the values are very precisely placed. It's a Christmas themed quilt, but I didn't want to knock you over the head with it.

It was my pal Julie who long ago inspired me to make pieced backings for my quilts using leftover blocks and fabrics. The leftover blocks in this quilt are often prints that didn't work on the front surrounding a Christmas themed pre-printed panel. While I was arranging the quilt to take this photo a pinecone dropped on the quilt. It seemed appropriate so I left it there!

The gate to the community garden in my neighborhood is a great place to display a quilt. It was cloudy the day I took this quilt out for beauty shots, but it seems perfect for the mood of this quilt.

I showed this photo the other day, but it's just so pretty I had to show it again.


These are Macnas quilts, inspired by my pal Julie Sefton. She and I have each made about a dozen of these. I still have four that have yet to be quilted. Nothing really special about these - start with blocks that are 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" and have some fun.




No comments: