Thursday, October 8, 2026

You Can't See It... But!

 

I've sewn all the WOW side triangles to the dark blue center triangles, trimmed the blocks so they are perfectly square and put them back up on the design wall. I have also sewn the white side triangles to a few of the blocks on the left hand side of the quilt, but you can't see them in this photo.

However when I turned the lights off and shone my black light on it, then modified the photo so it showed in black and white, you can see what I have done. You can see which blocks have the white sewn to them. 


The empty blocks are where I have moved the colored triangles so I can pin the side triangles to them. I normally do this while "watching" television.

So while you can't see much change happening, I promise you I'm really working.



This is a Scrap Slab Triangle quilt. I have made thirteen of them. This is the fourteenth. I was amazed at how many variations there are. If you want to use up your scraps to make a quilt like this you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's been updated with instructions on how to make it with the new rulers and has images of all thirteen quilts.

No comments: