Monday, October 5, 2026

Hijacked!

 My brother is visiting from California. I knew he was coming, but I thought it was a bit later in the month. My mom got the dates wrong. So my schedule got a bit messed up.

My brother was here to visit my mother and give a talk about rock climbing to a group at Dartmouth College. We got to see the autumn foliage on the drive up to Hanover NH.

I agreed to make us all lunch to eat after the hour plus drive and before the lecture. I had wanted to have everyone over for dinner and this turned out great. I had a lot of fun putting these lunch boxes together. I made tuna salad sandwiches on home made bread, veggies and hummus, cheese, crackers, cookies, a hard cooked egg, a bag of crackers and a bottle of water. My brother described it as beyond anything he had expected and it was "fabulous."

This is my brother on the right, with the guy he climbed El Capitan with for the first time, over 50 years ago, talking to someone from the audience after the talk. My brother has recently retired from rock climbing. He is 71, and was up on El Capitan as recently as last year.

I finally finished the Little Brother macnas quilt. I had made it around Christmastime last year, and got it back from the longarm quilter in June. This is one of my favorite beauty shots of the quilt.

I'm finally caught up in taking beauty shots of the quilts I have finished this year, and I'll be showing them off over the next few days. Work on the scrap slab triangle quilt has been set aside with my brother's visit.

No comments: