I picked up three quilts from my longer quilter, Janet-Lee Santeusanio, the other day. This is Dancing Jewels, for my nephew. I'm happy with it, and will be working to finish it up for him ASAP.I also picked up another quilt that doesn't have a name yet. I've been referring to is as the Jewel-toned Macnas quilt.
I was giving a talk to a quilt guild once and a lady came up to me afterwards and said, "You like busy backs." I looked at her and said, "Mostly, I hate boring ones."
This reminds me of something some art critic or historian (I can't remember which) said of the artist and illustrator Alphonse Mucha: "...he doesn't like empty space."
Apparently, neither do I.
***This quilt is really easy to make, and you can get the tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. While I think it is pretty spectacular made with bright colors on a black background, you can of course make it any color or colors you want. You can see it in green here, And made from bright prints on a white background here.






3 comments:
Three quilt finishes in one post. All of them beautiful. I especially like the one you're calling Jeweled Macnas.
They may have coined the “go big or go home” phrase just for you 😉
All the quilts l've made and l honestly never thought of the backs like that before. This thought will be on my mind for a while. Thank you for showing me another way.
Post a Comment