Monday, February 27, 2023

Lotsa Pink Birds!

 

Here is a kind of bird that isn't really a kid bird and not quite an adult. 

here is another same-sized bird. (Both of these had related "parent" birds.)


This bird was intended to be a companion to the Wallflower bird, but the fabrics seemed to change that idea.


Here is another of the sort-of in-between birds.


I'm getting real close to designing the final layout for the pink bird quilt, but first I needed to figure out how many birds I had and whether I had about the same number facing left and right, so I took them all off the wall, and put the "adult" birds at the far left and right, put the younger birds next, and then the smallest birds. Once I did that it was easy to see I need to make more small right facing birds.

I should tell you all though, that I have NO IDEA what I am going to do with these. I have some ideas but once I get serious about the layout all bets are off.





You too can make these birds with my tutorial, available here, at my Etsy shop. They are free pieced, which means they are made without traditional patterns or templates and they are not paper pieced. They are a lot like potato chips, you can't make just one!


1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

That is a LOT of birds and a lot of pink fabrics. Plus you are having fun!