Monday, July 4, 2022

In & Out of the Studio

 

As regular readers know I am a huge tennis fan, I generally hand sew the binding down on my quilts while "watching" tv, and yesterday I watched the tennis at Wimbledon. I started sewing the binding on the Defying Gravity quilt. I got one of the short sides done. 

The Defying Gravity Quilt is a scrap slab quilt. You can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

My pal Julie spent a week with me last month. In between our travels all over the state we made scrap slabs. I let Julie loose on a couple of bins of scraps and she sorted them by color and made lots of slabs. Now she's making her own scrap slab quilts, and having a lot of fun. You should check them out.

I put my studio back together the way I had it before Julie visited.

Almost. I left the folding table where I put it when I set up my second sewing machine for Julie. There used to be two stools there, but I never used them so the went in the yard sale. The table will be more useful as a place to put my blocks when I am working on a quilt.



2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks like you are all set up for some serious sewing and creativity with that clean slate of a studio!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you moved things back to suit YOU in your workspace. I am NOT surprised the table stayed near the door - you are right about it being handy when working at the design wall. Love the close up detail photo of Defying Gravity - let's the individual fabrics really show off.