Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Last of the Heavy Lifting

 

The backsplash on the vanity has been installed, as well as the light fixture. The round paper taped to the wall represents where a round beveled mirror will go.

I painted the door white. Because it was brown, I knew it would need at least two coats.

Here the wallpaper is done and I've put a second coat of paint on the door. I was so sore after finishing I just couldn't believe it. But I am happy with it.

So here is what the other side of the room looks. The room needs more trim, the towel racks, toilet paper holder, the doorknob and mirror need to be installed. The shower doors are due at the end of the week.

I decided the room could use a little bit of gold, so when I saw this gold colored dish, I thought it was perfect.

Lesley wanted to know if the floor of the shower was slippery. I haven't noticed that, but if I do find it to be so, I will surely get a mat of some kind. I do have a bathmat that I'll use when I step out of the shower. Normally that will dry by hanging over the top of the shower doors, but the doors won't be here for another week. so for now, I throw the bath mat over a chair on my front porch to dry.

Julie asked "Are you seeing what you hoped to see when you planned all this?"

The answer is, quite simply... Yes!


When I have had a moment, I have made slabs of my fabrics with colored prints on a black background, and cut them into triangles. You can learn how from my Scrap Slab Triangles tutorial available here at my Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Painted door looks great- part of the whole design. Just a terrific transformation.

Lori said...

Your bathroom looks lovely.

Something that I noticed, I'm sure you did too, that you like round curved edges. Mirror, clock, light, soap dispenser, faucet, knobs, etc.

Just Ducky said...

Interesting that you have a clock in the bathroom. But then you have to make sure you are on time to get to work.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The white door looks so much better than the brown did. Hope you are not as sore today but the effort was totally worth it.

Deb E said...

What a lovely bathroom! I'm so happy for you & I bet you smile every time you go in there. Love all the choices you made - its beautiful.

Judy in Michigan said...

Everything looks great!! I would consider putting molding on the white door so it looks like a paneled door. Just an idea. Also, in the shower, we use stick on shapes. I put them on about 9 years ago and they still look great and haven't pulled up. You should be proud of your work!!

O'Quilts said...

wow...I am very impressed with your bathroom vision and skill set!!!!