Friday, May 27, 2022

Almost

 

The big project is getting closer to completion. The shower doors are due to be delivered next week, but the shower itself is complete, so I got a shower curtain so I can use it.

I got a combination rainfall shower head with a hand nozzle. I had a grab bar installed (you can see it in the top photo.)

I bought a shower stool also. I didn't want one of those ugly ones, so this one is teak. The whole shower replacement was designed for an aging body - mine.

So how does it work? I took a shower in the new shower for the first time this morning. 

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! 

The shower head is large, and the water spray is large. I loved being able to use the hand held nozzle to rinse my hair. I liked being able to sit to comfortably wash my feet (one of my knees is a little gimpy). I loved being able to use the hand held nozzle to rinse my lower body while seated. I loved being able to use the grab bar to stand up safely.

The end of this project is in sight, and I cannot believe how much mental energy it has taken. 




12 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO absolutely worth everything it has needed/demanded/required. You will enjoy this SO much!!!!!!

Peggy said...

Love it 😍, you’ve inspired me to redo my bathroom!

JustGail said...

I SO wish I had told people to hush when building this house. "you need a tub for resale" they said. Had I known my hip would be giving fits 15 years later, I would have.
Your whole bathroom looks good and I'm sure you'll enjoy the shower. That wallpaper makes the room I think.

Lynn C. said...

Did my own master bath over recently too. Love the step in shower, the whole room looks nice but you are so right about the mental energy involved! I'm giving myself a break before the next project...
Congratulations on your finished bath!

Just Ducky said...

Just loverly. Enjoy.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Having roofers here for two weeks was mentally exhauting and the garden damage physically exhausting. Glad you are in the wrap up phase.

Nancy J said...

When we took out the old "Dreadful" bathroom, I asked the plumber if we really needed the cost of a wet floor walk in shower. " Jean, you and Hugh are old, DO IT . I have one and I'm a lot younger" .It was the best decision we have ever made. Your stool is the winner though, way more attractive than ours, a utility one with adjustable legs. But the shower nozzle, high or low, a great addition that we have too, and we have three grab rails, I use them all the time,. I love your colours and the wallpaper is truly beautiful.Enjoy the Luxury room !!!

O'Quilts said...

wonderful...says this ancient one...I have the ugly one...actually inherited from my mother...it is aged too..
Will look now for the teak...wonderful wonderful xo

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful transformation! I love the large shower head and the
hand held nozzle. Not surprised to read that you love everything about it.

Dolores said...

It sounds like you have already enjoyed the shower. We debated (not long though) on going the shower route in 2016 but we just replaced the old tub. We have a walk-in shower in the basement but since we were starting to get a lot of grandchildren (4 born just in 2017), a tub seemed like a better option. We did install a bar though, since aging and slipping was on the mind.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've been following the bathroom make-over. Just wondered how slippery the floor is and if you needed a shower mat or maybe the floor already has those fitted non-slip groove thingies. Everything looks really good :)

Mary Ellen said...

I have been using a shower chair since my sciatica kicked up, but it's an ugly plastic one that my husband used from a hospital supply place. I am going to look for one like yours. So much nicer.