Thursday, December 30, 2021

Alegretto in the Snow

 

The day after I finished the Allegretto quilt we had a bit of snow. When I saw it I hurried to get dressed so I could bring the quilt outside for some beauty shots. This was taken in my driveway. The day was partly sunny, but windy. Here the quilt is in the shade, which makes it seem much bluer than it really is.

Here the quilt is draped across the large landscape rock in my front yard. I love pictures of quilts in the snow because it is NOT where you expect to see them.

I like this picture because the tropical birds are NOT part of a snowy landscape. If you ever wondered why the shadows of snow on a bright day are blue it is because they are reflecting the blue of the sky. 

In this picture, the sun was behind the clouds, so the quilt has a decidedly blue tinge.

The wind blew the clouds away for a few minutes, and I was able to take this picture. It isn't perfect, but it was FREEZING! (It really was, the temperature was below 32F (0C) and it was really windy so with the wind chill factor it was about 15F)

You can see the colors a lot better, and you can see the quilting too.

When I showed my Mom the finished quilt on Christmas Eve, she said, "Oh, look, my quilt!!" Her partner, M, started laughing. My Mom and I have agreed that she can BORROW the quilt for 30 days at a time. You can read here for the background of that story. But she has to give it back.





7 comments:

Just Ducky said...

You may have a hard time getting it back after 30 days!

Ruth said...

I've been waiting to see this quilt, so Lovely, sunshiny and foresty friendly. Thank you. (What, in 30 days you're going to rip it out of your mother's hands? Maybe she already has lots of your quilts, hmm?)

JustGail said...

Gorgeous quilt! Was there a time specified that the quilts have to remain in your possession between borrownings, or is your Mom allowed to ask as soon as it hits your hands? You might get it back in 30 days, but you may not get to keep it long if Mom is on top of her game :-)

Poppy Q said...

Beautiful Lynne. It certainly looks too chilly for us. We have only ever had one sprinkle of snow where we live in thirty years.

Happy New Year to you and miss Millie.

Julie and poppyq
Xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

Its a lovely quilt and I do love seeing all the snow photos.......can't take to many....

Dorothy said...

Beautiful !!!

LynneP said...

Lovely quilt and lovely photo!