Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022 Calendar

 

I've been making calendars of my quilts now for a few years now. This is the seventh. I've also made one of Millie and one of my quilting students. (Millie is often featured on the covers of my calendars. I particularly like this photo of her, completely unimpressed with my work.)

The one for 2022 is mostly quilts I made and finished in 2021, but not quite. I didn't make 12 quilts in 2021. Oh well. 

I add family birthdays and anniversaries and other stuff I find important, like the beginning and ending dates for the Major Tennis championships (You can see the Australian Open dates on the January page, above.)

The quilts look better in beauty shots than just shown flat. One thing about the calendars I never considered is they are a great reference of color photographs that don't have to be seen on a computer. To that end I have learned to make an extra calendar to keep in pristine condition for that reason. (Naturally I keep them all.) My Dad likes his because he can show off what I do to anybody who visits him. I use one at work and it never fails to elicit a comment. 

 I do mine on Vistaprint, and I always wait to use a coupon so I don't have to pay full price, but you can make something like this at lots of places, and you don't even have to start with January.


Happy New Year!

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Thanks a lovely idea .... I've made them using nature photos but didn't think about your pics......

Poppy Q said...

That looks great Lynne. We love the cover. Happy New Year to you and miss M.

Julie and poppyq
Xxx

Quiltdivajulie said...

I keep mine, too (your calendars you gift me and the ones I make with my quilts). Love this year’s cover.

Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, mum has an idea of doing this with her lap blankies. But her problem is she makes more than 12! I thinks she needs to have a few pics with me too!

Barwitzki said...

It's wonderful to combine your beautiful quilts on a calendar every year ... it's a very nice gift ... for others and also to yourself.
All the best for you for the new year. Viola

JustGail said...

We used to get calendars of DS photos for his grandparents. Why did it never occur to me to use my own photos of other things like quilts, needlework or garden. I could at long last have December photos of cozy quilts or summer flowers, July photos of wintery views out our window. AND I could have our own special dates added so I don' t have to write them in? Thank you for this idea!!!!

Have a wonderful 2022!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I have done this once in a while too. The first time I did this, it made me feel like a real quilter. Shutterfly even remembers the birthdays from year to year so you don't have to add them back in. Your calendar is beautiful.

Sewgirl said...

Such a great idea Lynne! Happy New Year too!

MissPat said...

What a great idea. Of course, I don't finish any where near 12 quilts a year, so my calendar might have to stretch over a decade.

QuiltGranma said...

My sis did this with family photos, but with quilts! WOW you have started a sensation here!