Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Flamingo

 

Here's the pink fabric I chose from Spoonflower for pillows for my couch. I think it will look great.

With the incredible heat we've been having, and will continue to have, for the next few days, I'm on the couch watching Wimbledon on TV while I sew down the binding on the Yellow Ribbons quilt.

I don't understand why, but no matter how hot it is (and on the day this photo was taken it was well over 90F and very humid), Millie prefers to nap out on the porch. If she isn't on her cat hammock, she's lying under the chair you can see on the right. She'll be out there in the morning, but when the sun is strong, she'll hop back inside. Later, when the sun no longer hits the porch (it faces true East), she will go back out there for the afternoon. I've seen her out there in the middle of the night, and she's out there when I get up in the morning (about 5:45 AM). When I am on the couch however, she is always right next to me.

And yes, even when I've got the A/C running, I leave this window partly open so she can come and go as she pleases. Lucky cat.



 


9 comments:

Megan said...

VERY lucky cat!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

We cats love heat! Her very own catio porch.

Joan said...

Wow! I don't think we've even hit 90 degrees yet in Atlanta.

Michele in Harrisburg said...

Aww. Better than me. I'm just the doorman (person?) for my cat. Let her out. Let her in. Let her out. Let her in. Your set up is better by far. Lol

Quiltdivajulie said...

The flamingos are FANTASTIC!! You are so good to Miss Millie - I know she's ever so grateful.

Poppy Q said...

Miss m loves the fresh air. Our old cat Puss, the one before me took to sleeping on the front porch for the whole year. She stayed in the rain and storms and hated sleeping inside. Me - I have 3 different sleeping spots each season.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have heard the weather had been bad in the USA/Cananda........sure hope you get some relief fast......

QuiltGranma said...

Another toasty day here in east central Oregon... catching up on quilt blogs that I didn't read while we were away at A/C in nephews house. Ours needs some work, hope it can get fixed! Love the hammock for kitty on the porch. May get one for ours, next year.

Amy F. said...

Millie is a lucky cat! If I were a cat I'd want to be outside as much as possible too. I love your Flamingo fabric. It will look great as pillows. I always have a hard time figuring out how to show off large prints like that; pillows are a great idea.