Sunday, January 3, 2021

What I Did...

 

I feel like the title of this post should be "what I did on my summer vacation." I haven't not posted for such a long time, since.. ever. But I was just so tired, so worn out, I just needed a break. 

I did NOT sew on the holiday boxes quilt. It is as I left it almost three weeks ago. I had a lovely Christmas, chatting with all members of my family, and FaceTiming with my son's family while we opened presents. I made myself my favorite dinner - steak, and I watched Bridgerton on Netflix. All of it. Yes. All 8 episodes.

Then the next day I watched those 8 episodes again. What can I say? I was tired. And it was good.

I did, however, do some work in the studio. Not only are these new birds, but I have decided to update my bird tutorial. 

I wrote it 4-1/2 years ago and I've learned a few things. I realized it doesn't have the same look and feel of my newer tutorials and that many of the photographs were dark. I felt some of the instructions could be improved. I have also included suggestions from my students, and things I've learned from teaching the birds in my classes. I've added a couple more pictures of finished bird quilts, and I added a page of student birds. The original tutorial was 40 pages, and the revised version is 50 pages. 

The big bits are done, and it's just some tedious formatting things I have to fix before it is ready. It's looking good, and I am very excited.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving that blue bird with the long legs!

Just Ducky said...

Happy New Year to you and Miss Millie. Yeah, sometimes you just gotta chill. Mum is working through Bridgerton, 3 more episodes to go.

QuiltGranma said...

What I did on my 2020 vacation, not much. Waiting for my hip surgery most of the year... was supposed to lose 20 pounds. That was not easy when hip and knee same side are in need of repair. Now have surgery scheduled for this year, so waiting, last year waiting.

Dorothy said...

So if we have the original tutorials/pattern are we still good to go? You only changed fabrics/colors?

Ann said...

It sounds like a good break. When we are mostly at home it's hard to find a way to change things up but family, books, good meals, and a great show sound like just the ticket.