Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Happy Holidays!

 

I've finally got the house decorated for Christmas. The tree is up and it looks good. I gifted myself a wool pressing mat and a pair of LL Bean's Wicked Good Slippers. My gifts have been mailed. There are a few I have to wrap but I have plenty of time. I am starting to sew my holiday boxes together, but since the fabric is white, there is nothing new to see. 

I've decided to take some time off for the holidays. I'm going to read, bake and eat cookies, hang out on the couch with Millie and watch movies, sew the box quilt together and generally take it easy.

See you on the flip side, and while I might have something interesting to write about before the end of 2020, if I don't, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Boxing Day and Happy New Year's. Let's all hope 2021 is as good as we hope it will be.


Ciao for now.

15 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like the wool mat. I've been eyeing them.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi there, I want a wool mat but I already have a pair of wicked good slippers. Tree looks lovely. Enjoy your Christmas season, time to relax and sew.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Merry Christmas to you, Lynne! It was hard to see your tree for the stunning quilt in the background. I watched the evolution of it while you where taking Wanda’s class but somehow seeing it in this picture really shows what a punch of color it has to a much greater extent. Stunning!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Merry Christiams to you, Lynne. My cards are just about out and the grandkids will be done with remote school this week, so maybe then I can get out the decorations.

JustGail said...

Happy Holidays to you also! Your color wash is gorgeous. Lots of work and thinking go into those little things.

Just Ducky said...

Enjoy your time doing whatever you want. Sew, read, cook, pet Millie. Happy Christmas and New Year.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Merry Christmas Lynne,
your little tree is so festive and I love the colorwash as a backdrop.

Ann said...

Wonderful little tree! I want to do that next year. The garland over the doorway adds a festive touch. Merry Christmas.

sandi s said...

I love your tree! Merry Christmas. Hugs,

Quiltdivajulie said...

A most excellent decision. My blog posts are written through the end of the year and I'll be staying home, reading and watching sappy Christmas movies, wrapping presents, etc. Hugs to you and Millie.

Mari said...

Merry Christmas Lynne, and best wishes for 2021!

MissPat said...

Good choice of self-gifts. I took Wanda's colorwash class this session and have iy sewn together, but not quilted yet. I noticed yours on the wall right away. Enjoy your time off. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Pat

Mary Ellen said...

Looks very Christmasy. You are going to love the slippeers. They are very cozy and warm.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Lynne! Let's hope there is a California visit in 2021. I'd love to see you. Looks like we may have a Christmas grand baby!
Deborah

Pandy said...

Merry Christmas, Lynne. Hope you are getting recharged. I miss your creative blog posts.
Hoping for a happier 2021. I hope by July we can feel safe to travel and see the grandkids. My situation is just the opposite of yours. Grandkids in NH and I’m in AZ.
Pandy