Sunday, January 10, 2021

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

 We all have to clean the house sometime. (And yes, I know I have to Pick Up the Pencil.) 

I was dusting yesterday. This is the bureau in my bedroom. As you can see I love small boxes. I read that you should keep your collections together, so all my small boxes live on my bureau. My pal Julie made the runner, and her husband Larry made the lovely bowl above.

When I "dust" I like to dust each box, so I have to move each one. When I got to the cedar box at the right (with the stuffed gekko) I found a lovely surprise.

I have no idea why I have fifty bucks in that box.


But I sure as hell am not complaining. :-)



7 comments:

Poppy Q said...

You should treat yourself to something nice.

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

I have a winky type vest from The north face my daughter gave me. Its a coral/pinkish color. My husband dislikes it and so I wear if not so often. Yesterday when it was 18 degrees and I got up I put it on. Later I put my phone in the pocket and voila, $30!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Score!!!

MissPat said...

I've found $5.00 stuffed in a coat pocket on occasion, but never $50.00. There must be some color fabric you need more of. Found money can't be wasted.
Pat

Nann said...

It pays to clean up!

MaryB said...

I just love love love little boxes! Just can’t resistthem.

QuiltGranma said...

Hey! Chuck Close comes from my home town, and John Patrick was a known recluse and off the rocker. His house on D street was surrounded by tall evergreens.