Thursday, January 28, 2021

Streaming and Sewing

 

I can't put it off any longer. It's time to get back to hand sewing the binding on the quilts that have been waiting patiently for me. Now that I have finished the Christmas Boxes flimsy, it's time to get back to the hand sewing.

I can't think of a better thing to do while hand sewing than "watch" TV. Years ago I watched season one of Bosch on Amazon Prime. It's lead, Titus Welliver is the son of artist Neil Welliver. Well, stuck on the couch I decided to see if I could get Bosch Season Two. Indeed I could.

The dangerous thing about streaming TV shows is that one segues right into the other and the next thing you know it's four hours later and there you are parked on the couch.

At least now I don't have to feel guilty about it. I've got PLENTY of hand sewing to do. Which is pretty good, because there are six seasons of Bosch, and I have a lot of catching up to do.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I listened to all the Bosch novels on Audio books. Loved them for doing hand work or working in the sewing room.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy stitching!

Susan said...

I have listened to all of the Bosch books and enjoy them very much. I've also watched all of the seasons of Bosch and can't wait for more. Yes, streaming can be a rabbit hole, but like you, I do hand work or organize something while I am watching.

Your quilts are beautiful pieces of art. I appreicate that you share your process. Thank you.

MissPat said...

I could probably watch hours of TV (I don't), but my hands would never last that long stitching. I waste my time reading quilt blogs and doing puzzles online, neither of which is conducive to finishing quilts.
Pat

Mari said...

I *love* that show. Love the books even more. Can't wait to see those finishes! Good thing it's nice and chilly, too.

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Six yes, and I'm wishing one more. Greedy me. Happy stitching!