Friday, October 30, 2020

Serendipity

 

When the CEO said he knew where the Goose Rocks Beach quilt was going to go, he wasn't kidding. Turns out the family room in his home is decorated in brown and blue.

I also received lovely emails from the CEO and Mrs CEO, who put as the subject line of her email: "I, too, am speechless..." She wrote that is the most beautiful quilt she has ever seen. Both loved reading the back story. Mrs CEO is a cancer survivor, and wrote that in the past she would have treated the quilt as a work of art, but having lived through the last few years, she promised me the quilt would be USED with as much love as I put into making it, if that is possible.

I can't tell you how much fun this has been for me. I don't feel like I gave anything away, my heart is so full of their joy.

Mrs CEO reminded me of something. I wrote this quilt's story. It's nothing I usually do, but I think perhaps I should. Every quilt has a story, and while I know them all, my family members don't. So I have a new project, to document the "Story" of each of my quilts, so the story as well as the quilts will live on.

Now that's serendipity!



7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Perfect title for today's post, and this will be such a loved and well used quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The story just gets better and better. Thanks for sharing. Quilts make a positive difference in people's lives.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I really like your idea to document the story of each quilt. It would add to the pattern info, finished photo, etc. that's already in my quilt journal. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome times 100 or more. Love the idea of documenting the stories ... I do that through the blog and some in other forms but nothing Uber-systemic. That can change.

Just Ducky said...

The quilt is purrfect for their home. You done good Miss Lynne.

Jill said...

Yes, this is why we make quilts!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love your quilt and the story that went with it :)