Sunday, November 1, 2020

Black Scrap Slabs*

 

I love fabrics with black backgrounds. I decided to make slabs out of my "Black &" scraps. Here are a few.

.

I made a lot of scrap slabs.

I thought I would cut some triangles out of them and make a scrap slab triangle quilt.

I'm amazed by the fabrics in the Black & boxes. There were fabrics I used ten years ago and forgot I had, so it was nice to see them again, and put them to good use. The "average" scrap slab triangle is 60" x 72" and is made of 120 blocks, so that's how many black scrap slab triangles I have to make.



*YOU try saying that three times fast!





6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I see several fabrics that I have. Maybe some day I will use them like this. Yours look really good!

Susan said...

about what size is one triangle?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Another stunning quilt about to happen . . .

Julia G said...

Love your quilts! They have such depth to them. This is such a great way to use up scraps. I like how you keep the value fairly similar rather than everything but the kitchen sink...

Joyce said...

I absolutely love the black slabs. So tempting...

Kiwiquilter said...

I’ll watch with interest what other fabric you will pair with these blocks. I love what you have so far.