Saturday, September 19, 2020

More Birds in the Garden

 

I made ten more red asterisks and a couple of other birds decided to join the red bird in the garden. There is a hummingbird flying around too. He might visit, he might not. In the meantime, here are more red asterisks.

This is one of my favorites of the current batch.

.

I like this one too.

Yes, these are Dr Seuss characters...

This red is another left over Christmas fabric.

This is actually two different red fabrics, although it's hard to tell.

This one might not make the final cut. Too blah.

I had to make a couple asymmetrical asterisks, because I just... needed them.

This is another favorite of this batch.

I really like this one too.

I now have 54 asterisks. I know I need at least 20-30 more. I've picked out some pastel fabrics for the next batch. 

Julie thought I had named the quilt with the title of yesterday's post, A Bird in the Garden, but I remember a note a former professor of mine left when she signed a book of hers to me:


"For Lynne, who stitches for us the gardens of our imagination..."

So I think "The Gardens of Our Imagination" might be it.














6 comments:

Dorothy said...

I am so loving this. And since I have the bird booklet (and yes, I know that's not the right term) and I have done the "asterisk" (in my former quilt called the "snowflake") I am on board for doing this. It is making my heart go pitter-pat

Meredith said...

Love the bird additions to this! Great quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh my - I like THAT name even more. Happy to see the birds playing in the garden.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Maybe a garden would attract butterflies too.

MissPat said...

I've always like your birds. I have found that dark reds can all look alike once they're put together.
Pat

Mickey's Musings said...

Loving the birds and the astericks!
Nancy