Sunday, September 20, 2020

Goose Rocks Beach, Quilted

 

The Goose Rocks Beach quilt has been quilted. The quilting design is called "Undertow," which is amazingly appropriate!

I made the flimsy back in January of this year. It's a Slashed Squares quilt, and very easy to make. This one is made from scraps and fabrics from my stash. You can get the tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

When I made the quilt I thought it was handsome, but it didn't really thrill me. But now that it has been quilted, I really like it.

I think I am going to use the brown fabric for the binding.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think it is incredible - absolutely wonderful - and downright beautiful.

Just Ducky said...

Goose rocks?

Dorothy said...

Love it. Could also be Seabrook beach in WA Just depends on colors and values

Ruth said...

I remember Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebec, Maine! Full of round rocks, no sand. My 7 kids and I ate a cooked lobster bought at a shack there on the beach. We were state-surfing from NH while my oldest was home from college.