Thursday, September 17, 2020

Eight Reds

 Here, in no particular order, are the 8 red asterisks I just finished.

I'm posting them pretty big so you can see the details of the fabrics. The center square is a tricky choice. You have to have a fabric that fills up that little half inch space. This fabric LOOKED like it would work,  but it isn't as busy as I would have liked.

I had to have at least ONE cock-eyed asterisk. That center square is the palest of grays.

.

.

.

.

I had thought the little stars in the center square of this asterisk would be more prominent. Oh well.
 

Clearly this is leftover Christmas fabric.

5 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

I love the sparkly gold one!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like that some are more definite and some are more subtle (the centers).

Ruth said...

I like how some blocks have the same tone on tone white fabric throughout, and other blocks have two different white tone on tone fabrics.
The reds are so pretty!

Michele in Harrisburg said...

Nice job photographing the white on white fabrics! Well done. Some online stores could use your skills. Loving the asterisks. Always enjoyable following your quilting adventures. Thank you.

Marsha L said...

I really like these, and seeing what you've done with this block every day.