Friday, August 7, 2020

It's A Start

 Anybody who tells you that sitting down to sew 112 strips together into 8 strip panels is easy has rocks in their head.

It's a lot of hard work. But when all my strip sets were sewn together I could cut them into big triangle and place them on the design wall. That's the fun part.

I was pretty happy with the fabrics too. This is a Zebra quilt variation. If you are interested in making your own Zebra Quilt, you can get the tutorial here, in my Etsy shop.

 
As usual I went around in circles for a bit. (Dammit I hate the new blogger. I want my pictures centered and the text left justified. I think text that is centered looks amateurish and cutesy. I hate loathe and despise "cute.")
 
 
 
After a whole day's work I had this and I was not thrilled. Oh well, such is life. Fortunately stuff like this, while it may piss me off, doesn't stress me out.
 
 

3 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I have watched you work miracles with fabric and know it will happen this time. All the fabrics are beautiful and you will find the perfect color harmony.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I look forward to watching the evolution! I'm laughing because the butterfly fabric has what looks to me like an Ewok peeking over......

Roxana said...

I like your color selections. I too hate loath and despise "cute".