Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Stash Gets Organized

I went into the studio yesterday morning and shuffled some fabric around.

Of course, you have to figure out what you're going to do before you do it, but fortunately, I had that part already figured out.

I wanted the top shelf to be white or light fabrics. I store my WOWs together, then whites with colored patterns, then creams and black or gray, then creams with colors and then black on white. I didn't get it done before I had to go to work, but that was fine.

After work, I went in there and finished the top shelf and then organized the browns on the bottom.

(Am I crazy or is the photo quality of the new blogger terrible? I have noticed that if you click the pictures to open them up separately, the photo is in crisp, clear focus, but when you look at it normally, it's lousy. Have I got rocks in my head?)

So this is it finished. It looks good. I adjusted the height of two of the shelves to make it more functional.

I have some fabric I need to iron and put away.

And I have some fabric I have decide if I want to keep or where it should go. I have a lot of pieces that are too small, and I found a lot of stuff I really don't care for. That stuff will go.

And the solution for the door has arrived. I'll install it tomorrow. It's an over the window enclosed mini blind. What started as a fourteen dollar fix has escalated. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it a lot better.

7 comments:

Katie said...

The stash is looking good! And yes, the photos are garbage. I was wondering if it was my eyesight, but I clicked on a photo and there it was...fine and dandy. I'm sure it has to do with loading speed or whatever, but maybe people WANT to see the photos, right?! Oh Blogger...

Quiltdivajulie said...

On the computer screen you are correct about the photos. I want to try looking at it on my phone and tablet to see if the same thing happens. I need to get the new computer set up this weekend and start working with the new blogger. (from what I read they aimed it towards mobile users). Fabrics are looking good!

JustGail said...

I've been noticing the crap photos until I actually opened them. I know other's have lost their favored font size. I was wondering if they were making changes to make mobile users happy.

The stash is looking really good! It looks like the greens got a good weeding out. Or pulled a bunch for a new project?

Cherie in St Louis said...

Not crazy, definitely poor quality photos until you click them and some are worse than others...scratching head over that. Your organized fabric looks fabulous and I can just feel the energy they generate for a new project. So inspiring!

Mickey's Musings said...

Great organizing job!! Looks great'.

Michele in Harrisburg said...

Stash looks great! And photos are not great on a phone until you click them.

Fabric Fanatic said...

what is your method of folding them to all the same size....it looks great, and should be easy to find what you are looking for. Do you buy uniform cuts, when you are buying for the stash? Love your studio....love it!!!