Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Zebra Tutorial Progresses

The Zebra tutorial is humming right along. I've already received terrific feedback from some of my beta testers and I have modified the tutorial accordingly. It covers everything from fabric selection, to design variations, hints on sewing, and all kinds of other stuff my head is full of right now. There's even a gentle rant on so-called perfection and how I keep my design straight when I am tinkering on the design wall.

As usual I tell you why I do everything.

There are pages that describe how to make the Zebra quilts that I designed, and there's even a page that tells you how you can design your own variation.


If I had to guess I would say it will be out by the end of June. Maybe sooner. It depends on how much sleep I plan to get between now and then. I still have lots of work to do. (Making sure the elements are centered on the page; making sure the footer is consistent; the formatting of the fractions is consistent; the headers are correct; the grammar and spelling is OK; the page numbers that refer to other pages in the tute are correct; the spacing between words and sentences is consistent and proper...  You know, the kind of stuff you NOTICE if it's done wrong.

5 comments:

Ann said...

You must get a real thrill to see your granddaughter playing on her Zebra quilt. They are all lovely and I'm sure your tutorial will be a great success.

Mickey's Musings said...

Such lovely quilts and colours!
Such a cute Little Miss too :)
Nancy

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of effort being poured into one tutorial. Thanks for being SEW thorough!

QuiltGranma said...

Well, that sure is one way to keep out of mischief, and boredom.

O'Quilts said...

The green one is my very favorite....u do such good work xo