Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Can't Stop...

After work I went into the studio and looked at what I had on the wall and wondered "What if..."
I kept going where it took me and I ended up here...

I wrestled with some other possible color ideas, but these are still the blocks I used when I played yesterday, so after I while I dug out the leftover strip sets and cut blocks that fit, and arranged the fabrics a bit better and ....

you can tell where I improved the fabrics in some of the long lozenge shapes and the two big diamonds. Not done yet, but I really like the strong hot and cold contrast, and I think THIS layout has a lot of possibilities.

Do you recognize it? It is the same as Jealousy and Aquamarine, shifted over a bit and the big V and diamond shapes split down the middle...

I can see this in Red, White and Blue.

Have I said lately how much I like the possibilities of these big Zebra triangles?



6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hard to believe that all these pieces have so many combos. Today's layout is refreshing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your playing with these leftover giant triangles reminds me of playing with HSTs (but yours are on steroids).

Mari said...

Why stop if you're having fun? :)

Judy P. said...

Don't stop.....pretty please. :)

O'Quilts said...

I can see that you cannot stop. Why stop when art is calling? Very fun!!!

Dusty Huxford said...

Absolutely love the variety of quilts you have done using this zebra pattern. And I love your colors. I’m still waiting for the pattern so I can play. Thanks for sharing.