Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Whirlygig, Quilted

I picked up the Whirlygig quilt over the weekend from Janet-Lee Santeusanio, my longarm quilter. It came out really great.

I generally let Janet-Lee choose the quilting design for my quilts. Sometimes we choose together, but usually I let her decide. This is going to be a couch quilt and a sample quilt, so I like that the quilting designs are different.

Here's a closeup.

I think this will have a black on white binding, and it may be several different fabrics, but I haven't yet decided.

I'm teaching my Liberated Birds at Quilted Threads on Saturday. I'm all packed and ready to go.


This particular quilt is a Scrap Slabs Triangle quilt, and you can get the tutorial here, on my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away, although you will need a Tri-Recs ruler set as well (sold separately).

3 comments:

DebW said...

Beautiful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely texture!

Fabric Fanatic said...

I love that quilt! Your fabric selections make it dance. (and yes, I know it isn't paper-pieced...lol).