Monday, August 5, 2019

O Millie Where Art Thou?

Thirteen years ago today, my life changed. I didn't KNOW my life had changed. I just thought I was adopting a cat, but if I HADN'T adopted that cat, you wouldn't know about me. Millie got me to blogging, and later, making quilts, and then blogging about quilts.


Living with a tame feral cat is interesting. Millie won't come when I call her, and I never know where I will find her. There are all kinds of places my house where she can nap, and while she has her favorites, there are some she uses maybe once in two or three years. Rarely does she nap in such an obvious place as the couch (and the only reason she was there was because I was sitting next to her.)

So where is she now? Let's see. You are all accustomed to seeing the couch as in the top photo, but there is a table with a lamp in the corner that you rarely ever see.

The table isn't as deep as the couch, so it sits forward from the wall.

 See Millie?

I stuck a basket back there when I moved in, almost five years ago, partly because I didn't know where else to put it.

Clearly Millie has found the right spot. And I don't mean the basket in the corner.          


6 comments:

Megan said...

Yaaaay for Millie.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

Hello Miss Millie. Hope you are well. Your mum did good to give you a hidden and comfy place to nap. Me, I am in the front window right now in full sun puddle.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Millie is one very special cat - you two absolutely belong together!

Rose said...

Loved this story...cats are so funny and each one has their own individual personality.

Cherie in St Louis said...

And I found you because of Millie's blog....she is a perfect match for you and you for her. How hard to lose Gizzy and Jasime but how wonderful have Millie fill up the spaces in your heart. I absolutely love Millie's story and "rain box" and "the hot as hell box" have joined our family lexicon, thank you!!

Just Ducky said...

How could I forget to say.....LOVE THE GIZZY QUILTS! Yeah, just love them.