Friday, August 9, 2019

Friday Thoughts

I'm doing some cleaning in my studio and I have this pinned to the wall, and I thought you might enjoy it:

.


I've been reading Laura Lippman for a long time, so when her newest, Lady in the Lake, came out, recently, I got it right away. It didn't hurt that it got a rave review from Stephen King himself.

Lady in the Lake: A Novel
.

I've also just read American Fire, about a series of arsons in Virginia. How'd I hook up with that?  There was an article in the New York Times about how every state has an infamous crime, and a book about it. After reading about all 50, I chose this one.


and I've discovered Bruno, the Chief of Police. Have so far read two, and have the next three already lined up.



Have a nice weekend. I'll be teaching birds at Quilted Threads (and wrestling with signing up for Medicare, parts A and D.)

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

That is one of my much loved Dr Seuss quotes — hang in there with the sign up process!!!

Judy in Michigan said...

I just finished reading "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles. Very fascinating about a count who was under house arrest after the revolution in the 20s. He had to live and stay in the Metropol Hotel next to the Bolshoi Theatre. He has many adventures there and the writing is delightful.

Vicki W said...

Thanks for the book recommendations! Being a Virginian I put American Fire on hold at the library.

Ann said...

Thanks for the recommendations.

Just Ducky said...

Interesting list of the crimes by state. I don't want to read the one for Wisconsin on Jeffrey Dahmer.

Cathy said...

I think Medicare Part A is automatic. Are you thinking of Part B? Anyway, I’ve seen that list of true crimes by state somewhere, but I thought it was the Washington Post’s book newsletter. My list of Books To Read should take me into my 14th decade or so...