Sunday, July 21, 2019

New England Quilt Museum

On my birthday weekend, with family far away and me by myself, I didn't want to stay home and do housework. The temperature was supposed to be in the high 90's and the humidity was supposed to be up there too.

I considered driving up to King Arthur Flour in Vermont, but I didn't really need more stuff in my kitchen, so I thought for a bit, and decided to drive to Lowell MA to the New England Quilt Museum.

 I saw some very beautiful quilts.


One show was full of quilts made from silk. 


There was another show devoted to baskets.

This quilt was made in this century, and it's just gorgeous.   

I met the curator, Pam Weeks and had a great talk with one of the librarians, Gail. Pam and I may be working on something together for the future, and it's very exciting, as all ideas are.

I had a great afternoon.

As for the weather... the temperature hit 101F and the humidity was oppressive. The sun was out all day with no clouds so it was brutal. The screen shot of my car's dashboard shows the temperature about 4:00 PM in the afternoon. Thank goodness for central A/C.

5 comments:

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Beautiful quilts. Exciting to start working with the museum!

Linda Swanekamp said...

We drove by Lowell on Friday, coming back from Ogunquit, Maine to home in Buffalo. It wasn't that hot then. The traffic on the 495 was pretty awful. I wish I would have known about the museum. I was thinking of you when I saw signs to Manchester. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful quilts —. Glad you met the curator and shared ideas! Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

Just Ducky said...

All the quilts are beauty-full, but like the top one the best. Weather has changed here. Now less humid and not hot. Can actually open the windows. Belated Happy Birthday.

Kathleen Heiser said...

What a great way to celebrate. Happy Birthday!