Saturday, July 20, 2019

Bird-day

I'm having a Bird-day real soon. So I made myself a bird, and you can make a bird like mine too, if you use my tutorial. Of course, you have to actually read it and follow the directions. Or you can come to New Hampshire and take a class with me. But you have to be prepared to leave your old ideas at home, because I don't use templates or traditional patterns. You don't need them.


 (start rant...)
...no, I won't draw you a pattern and send it to you, and I won't create templates and send them to you either, because YOU DON'T NEED THEM. Really; I'm not gonna make you a paper pieced pattern either. Read the previous sentence.
(end rant)

Yeah, you can see it's been a rough week. ANYWAY... 


I got a couple of birthday cards from two of my best friends, and they inspired me.

Gee, I wonder where they got the bird thing from?

Thank you Megan from Sydney Australia and Julie from Tennessee.

I found a box on my side porch two days ago when I went outside to get some fresh basil from the garden. Inside were these two gift bags. They are from my DS, DIL and DGD. (Dear Son, Daughter-In-Law and Dear GrandDaughter.) I immediately texted my son and asked if we could Face Time while I opened them. The reply was immediate:

"SURE! On your birthday! (which was then five or six days away.)" I rolled my eyes and sent this back: "Oh, thank you, I think."


I'm pretty sure I could hear my son laughing from here.

             


5 comments:

earthmotherwithin said...

Happy birthday Lynne. Hope it is a great day...and you can resist the temptation to open the presents till then

JustGail said...

Happy Birthday! I have NO idea where your friends got the idea that bird cards would be appropriate. Absolutely none. :-)

I've done paper pieced, I got good results but found it fiddly to do. Do you ever get to Iowa to teach your no-paper ways? I think I could learn the technical aspects from your tutorials, but it's your fabric choices that always leave me wondering how you come up with some of those combinations. I think I need to go back and read/re-read your old posts on the subject.

Judy in Michigan said...

HAPPY bIRTHDAY VERY SOON! Hope you have a wonderful day and year!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yeah, great minds like Megan's and mine catch the same vibes!

sandi s said...

Happy Birthday!!! I just love celebrating birthdays. I love your birds and I did buy the tutorial but haven’t made any yet. Hugs,