Friday, July 19, 2019

Oh, Look at That!

I tell you all to take a picture when you see something that strikes you.  This is the receiving dock at the manufacturing company where I work. The door is not usually left wide open, and especially not in February, when this was taken. It happened to be a gloriously warm(ish) day for February, so the door was open and the fresh air smelled wonderful. I don't remember what brought me to the warehouse that day, but I knew I had to take a picture. This picture is as much about the inside as the outside.

This photo was taken at the Currier Museum of Art, just off the main entry. I do not know why I am drawn to scenes where I can see through one thing into another. I am sure there must be some psychological reason, but I don't know and I don't care. I like these scenes, and when I see one, I take a picture.

This scene is on the West Side of Manchester where I used to live. I was on my morning walk when I looked over and saw this.

I thought they were interesting and I wanted you to see too.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

These views would have captured my attention, too, and resulted in a photograph. I views of arches, windows, and other openings and occasionally post them, too. Some of my favorite are here: http://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/arches-hallways-and-windows-at-colonial.html and here: https://joyforgrace.blogspot.com/2019/06/out-and-about-june-2019.html
Thanks for sharing these great photos!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like to see through openings, too -- I am fascinated by windows and their views. Love that last one looking through the narrow space to someone's front/back door.

Jeanne said...

was in Manchester last year showing my girls different areas of the city and missed going into the museum by a few minutes ty for the memories.....moved out of Manchester bin 1980

Chris Mars said...

I especially love the second picture; through an arch a view of 4 more arches / doorways in the distance. It makes me think of an Alice in Wonderland kind of "through the looking glass" kind of feeling.

chris-mars@live.com