Friday, May 10, 2019

Green Piece


I worked on PIECING last night. Usually I start with the first letter in the word, but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to handle the P, so I set it aside. I did know how I wanted to handle the I, so I started there. Both the E and C are made from multiple fabrics. And I'll probably re-make the C. (It looks upside down, I'll fix it by swapping the two horizontal bars.)

When I was at QT last week I had chosen a group of fabrics and was wandering around not thinking of much of anything when I saw the batik fabric in this P. I picked it up on a whim. I love the fabric, but I am not sure this P is the place for it. Here it diminishes the dot of the I.

This is what it all looks like. I won't use this as the P, but I will probably use it as the D in PIECED.





3 comments:

Megan said...

Questions and our 'helpful' suggestions: I hope you don't mind us weighing in from time to time with 'suggestions', Lynne. It's fun. I understand that you don't need our help, but it's fun to feel like we're interacting with your process.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks for sharing your process with us. I learn so much from you. I think this is an awesome piece of work. THose green fabrics you've got are gorgeous. Happy Stitching!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about that P that will likely become a d. Liking these new greens a lot.