Saturday, February 16, 2019

I Changed My Mind!

When I got home from work last night, I started dinner, and then went into the studio while it cooked, and reviewed my pairs. I thought they were a little boring, so I tried sewing up a livelier set. Check this out.

OH YEAH! I liked this a lot, so I did a bit of rearranging and then cut up some more strips.

I tried to give each pair a little POP, but this is an admittedly conservative group.

These all look good, but there's nothing earth shattering here. That's OK, if we have busy fabrics in there, we need some calmer ones hanging out as well to balance it all out.

These are going to work well. A nice collection of pairs with a slightly livelier print in each than the previous ones.

The surprise here, for those that are paying attention, is the fabric with the bras in the middle. 
Must. Have. Sense. Of. Humor.

(Actually, I think all artists are somewhat subversive. I know I am.)

Every fabric in this group was originally planned to go with something else, but when I started down the busier print path, the possibilities expanded so I had to switch things around. All 8 of these fabrics are most definitely NOT fuglies. I just had a lot more of the busy dark ones than I knew I would use much of.

I love this pair.

If the fabric is wide enough, two fat quarters will give me a piece big enough to get these four pieces, and they are all different, so that's important. I have to be careful to cut enough of all four shapes so I can arrange my quilt the way I want. And right now I am NOT thinking about regular diamonds, like the inspiration quilt.

In fact, right now I'm sewing strips, so I'll get to the design part later. This is going to be fun.

5 comments:

diane said...

Intriguing! Enjoy. Your. Sense. Of. Humor. Look forward to more.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The color combinations are very interesting- adds a lot of interest. Looking forward to seeing more blocks.

Sewgirl said...

I like where this is going...already very promising...as usual!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Like the look of this, look forward to seeing it take shape!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You know. I have a hard time letting go with patterns like this in a scrap quilt. I love your work, and wish I had no fear. I guess I just need to Do It, and let the fabric fall where it may. Literally.